However, you have wonder about the lesser known Microsoft Azure Container Service (ACS), and would be wondering about what is ACS
Here the ACS in the nutshell
- Makes simpler to Create , Configure and Manage a cluster of machines which are preconfigured to run containerized applications
- Uses optimized configuration of scheduling and orchestration tools
ACS leverages Docker container format
- Simplifies the creation of the cluster by providing ‘Wizard’ style
rather than setting up and configuring the set of co-ordinated machines and software on top of Azure Platform
- Supports two platforms
- Docker Swarm to scale to hundreds or thousands of containers
- Marathon and DC/OS
- Built on top of Azure VM Scale Sets
What, Why and How
What: Azure Container Service is open source container orchestration system.
Why: It is used to deploy and manage dockerize container within the data center.
How: It does orchestration either by using Docker Swarm or Apache Mesos
Where it helps
There are two ways to work in ACS
Docker Swarm and Mesos are the orchestrators, which in plain English tell host system which container to host where.
You can view the animated slides at
I would be posting more information regarding this in the following post to come